Prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 bags of cubed butternut squash
- 5 C kale, chopped (or half bag pre-chopped)
- ½ C fresh Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped (or garlic powder)
- ½ tbs dried sage (optional)
- Kosher Salt
- 1/2 C -1 C low sodium chicken broth
Heat oil over medium heat and sauté butternut squash until edges begin to turn brown. Add garlic, sage and salt. Let squash cook for two- three minutes. Add chicken broth and kale then cover and simmer for about seven minutes.
Once the kale is wilted, mix in a ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Keep in oven safe sauté pan or transfer to a baking dish.
Top with remaining 1/4 C Parmesan. Broil on high until a crust forms on top, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot!