This is a perfect side to any meal, especially when you are grilling outside! This potato salad is dairy/mayo free! Instead we use the awesome flavor combination of J. Olive Co.'s Pomegranate-Quince Balsamic and Lemon Olive Oil to dress this simple salad.
- 3 medium size sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 head red cabbage, chopped
- 3 stalk of green onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
Dressing—mix together then set aside:
- 3 tbs J. Olive Co. Pomegranate-Quince Balsamic*
- 1/2 tbs J. Olive Co. Lemon Olive Oil*
- 1 tbs course-grain Dijon mustard
There is no problem substituting The J. Olive Co. Balsamics and oils are very interchangeable. If you have one pairing you can use that!
For this salad we recommend using any of the white Balsamics. Some of our favorites are Cranberry-Pear, Apricot, Sicilian Lemon, Coconut, and of course the Pomegranate-Quince.
You can interchange the oils as well. All of these would pair nicely with any oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes in 1/2-1 tbs Lemon Olive Oil and season with salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes then let cool.
- Once potatoes are cooled toss together with cabbage, onions and dressing.