Garlic & Apricot Balsamic Shrimp are easy, simple, and best of all delicious! Nothing makes cooking quick tastier than the balsamic vinegars and oils from J. Olive Co, like this pairing of Apricot balsamic and Blood Orange olive oil. Throw it together with a quick coleslaw using the same pairing!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs Apricot Balsamic
- 1 tbs of Blood Orange oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbs fresh parsley or 1 tbs dried, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- After marinated, quick strain most of the juices leaving garlic, shrimp with a little liquid reserved to pour into the pan at the end of cooking.
- Heat saute pan to high heat with blood orange olive oil.
- Once oil is hot, add shrimp to pan and saute until almost cooked through.
- Add a little marinade back to the pan to create more "sauce" around the shrimp, while shrimp is finishing cooking.
- Serve immediately!
NEW IDEA I need you to test out!
Shrimp salad with Apricot coleslaw:
I have been meaning to try this combination, but have yet to do so. Even so, I think it would be delicious, fresh and EASY! Let me know if you try it!
Apricot-Blood Orange Coleslaw
3 green onions, chopped
2-3 cups Red cabbage/coleslaw mix
handful of Carrot sticks
1 chopped apple
1/4 non-fat plain Greek yogurt, or more depending on consistency
1-2 tbs Course-grain Dijon mustard
3 tbs Apricot balsamic
1 tbs blood orange olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste