Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts is a recipe I can not take full credit for! I found a similar recipe a while back, but of course changed up a few things to make it more inline with the CK-way and how we coach our clients to cook in the Clean Kitchen 12 Week Challenge. It is also a perfect recipe to use some of the J. Olive Co. Balsamic Vinegars! This recipe is featured as apart of our Christmas Dinner Giveaway with Corner Market!
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6-8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Grated parmesan cheese for topping
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup white balsamic vinegar — or any of the J. Olive Co. White Balsamic Vinegars
- 2 tbs honey (if using J. Olive Co. Balsamic, cut honey by half)
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim and halve brussels sprouts.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with oil in a mixing bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread brussels sprouts out on baking pan in an even layer. I like to lay flat side down.
- Roast brussels sprouts about 35 minutes, until tender and a few burnt edges.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar and honey in the saucepan and whisk until
- Combine in a sauce pan, white balsamic, red pepper flakes, and honey.
- Simmer over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally, until slightly syrupy, about 10 minutes or less.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. The balsamic will thicken as it cools down.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a platter; drizzle the Honey Balsamic on top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.