This is a two part recipe using our Blueberry Lemon Sauce
to top our sweet potato stuffed with the Balsamic Kale and Mushrooms
—which are delicious on their own! I've used so many of the J. Olive Co. Balsamic vinegars
in my sautéed kale. You really can not pick a bad one! For this kale stuffing I used the Blueberry Balsamic to go with our Blueberry Lemon Sauce on top.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 baked sweet potato (baked at 425 degrees for 45 minutes)
- Top potato with Balsamic Kale and Mushrooms, fat-free feta cheese and the Blueberry Lemon Sauce! See recipes below!
Balsamic Kale and Mushrooms
- About 4 cups of chopped kale
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- Heat Basil olive oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions, season with garlic powder and salt. Cook about 7-8 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Add kale, lightly season again with salt, and sauté for a few more minutes until kale wilts down.
- Hit the pan with about a 3 sec drizzle of the Blueberry Balsamic, toss until vinegar reduces and remove from heat.
- Enjoy as a side dish or use this to load up you baked sweet potatoes.
Blueberry Lemon Sauce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup Blueberry balsamic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp basil olive oil
- 1 tsp arrowroot flour
- drops of liquid stevia to taste
- Combine blueberries and basil olive oil in a sauce pan over medium to high heat. Cook blueberries for about 5 minutes until they start to burst.
- Add blueberry balsamic, lemon juice to pan. Let liquid reduce for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat. Then mix 1 tbs of blueberry balsamic with 1 tsp arrowroot flour together, then pour mixture into hot pan and stir until sauce thickens. Turn off heat soon after your do this step.
- Add liquid stevia drops to taste.