Sweet Potato Bread is the same concept as our Protein Banana Bread, using many of the same ingredients. This is yummy alternative for a holiday dessert or post workout carb choice! In the Clean Kitchen 12 Week Challenge we teach all our clients how to eat carbs that work for your body.
- 3 small sweet potatoes baked
- 1 cup Oats quick cooking
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop Quest vanilla milkshake protein powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Chopped pecans
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1/8 cup Powdered sugar (optional topping)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In food processor mix sweet potato, eggs, honey, and vanilla.
- In large bowl mix dry ingredients: oats, flour, quest, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Add applesauce, and slowly add milk till you reach the right consistency.
- Mix in nuts last.
- Spray bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add mixture and bake 35-45 min. Check at 35 mins with toothpick. Continue cooking till the middle is firm and cooked through.