By Meredith West
Lemon Chicken Soup is a subtle twist on just regular ole chicken noodle soup. It’s bright flavor is light, but comforting when you want to be warm and cozy! We use cauliflower rice to bulk it up, but if you prefer you could also substitute it out for rice. Enjoy!
- 2 Cups diced Carrot (4-5 large carrots) or 2 cans drained, sliced carrots.
- 2 sliced shallots or 1 small onion slide in half moons (or 1/2 cup frozen chopped)
- 4-6 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 ribs celery diced small
- 2 chicken breast and 2 chicken thighs seasoned and cooked in crock pot or instapot (about 2 pounds of meat)
- 1/2- 3/4 cup lemon juice (Pro Tip: I used Minute Maid frozen lemon juice from freezer section. The juice of 7 lemons in one bottle) or 5-6 lemons squeezed
- 8 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- Salt and pepper to taste – depending on how you season your chicken and which kind of broth you use will determine how much salt to add. We say go by personal taste.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small bag riced cauliflower(cooked in microwave)
- In a Stock pot or dutch oven over medium/low heat add oil, carrots, shallot, celery, garlic and sweat veggies. Be sure to not burn garlic, stir about 5 min.
- Add chicken and its juice, bone broth, and 2 cups water, and cauliflower the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 min.
- Add Lemon juice. Stir. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley if desired.
Optional add-ins: sliced green onions or stir in a dollop of plain Greek yogurt to your individual bowl for a little creaminess, fresh chopped spinach at the end of cooking, red pepper flakes, sprinkle parmesan cheese.