I made this soup wanting something hearty, but dairy-free, and mexican flavors are one of my favorite kind of meals! This is a new family favorite! And of course super easy. I would even think this would work fine in the Instapot to cook the meat and soup ingredients all at the same time.
- 2 chicken breast (cooked in crock pot and shredded)
- 2 cups frozen chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (or sub for regular)
- 1-1.5 tsp salt (to taste)
- Black pepper
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 14 oz lite coconut milk
- 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes drained
- 10 oz can mild rotel tomatoes, with juice
- 15 oz can fire roasted corn drained
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz can chopped green chilis
- Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Shred chicken and add to the pot.
- Then just pile everything else in the pot, stir and simmer for about 10 minutes!
I ended up dividing the batch in half. Half I kept as-is for me, dairy free. The other half I added 1/2 block of Greek yogurt cream cheese for my husband! He then put more shredded cheese on his 🤣. BUT mine was very delicious and I see this staying in our rotation through the cold months! Enjoy!