Green Bean Casserole
is a classic holiday staple. In this Clean Kitchen version, we substituted healthier ingredients to create the same flavors everyone loves. We call this a "recipe re-vamp," something teach all our clients to do in the Clean Kitchen 12 Week Challenge
- 24 oz frozen chopped green beans
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced in half moons
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen seasoning blend
- 2/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tbs Parmesan cheese divided
Check out more of our recipes here
- Steam green beans in bag or stove according to directions.
- Sautee onions in olive oil until browned. Salt and pepper while cooking.
- Set onions aside.
- In the same pan add 1 cup frozen seasoning blend, 8 oz mushrooms, sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are tender.
- In food processor blend 1 cup low fat cottage cheese and 1 tsp better than bullion and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Mix green beans, mushroom mixture, and cottage cheese mixture and pour into an 8x8 baking dish.
- Toss cooked onions with 2 tbs parmesan and 2 tbs bread crumbs. Stir to fully coat onions.
- Top green beans with onion mixture. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until breadcrumbs are browned and casserole is bubbly.