So easy and simple, this meatloaf muffins recipe can be made with ground sirloin, turkey, or chicken. Your choice! I prefer ground sirloin, but if you are looking for a lower fat version, nix the parm cheese and go with chicken or turkey.
Note: I eyeball all my measurements, so if you feel like you need more or less of wet or dry ingredients go for it!
Meat mix ingredients
- 1.5 pounds ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup minced onion (use food processor or just a fine chop)
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup salsa
Meatloaf Sauce for topping
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa (any will do, try some spicy chipotle salsa!)
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine meat mix ingredients well and portion out in pre-sprayed, muffin pan.
- Top with Meatloaf sauce and bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
This is a super easy protein prep recipe! Meatloaf muffins do great as a freezer meal for later as well.