Pineapple Pork Lettuce Wraps
Pineapple Pork Lettuce Wraps
are a quick, healthy
, and easy,
"set and forget it" type of meal for busy nights! Set the meat up in the slow cooker
in the morning and by dinner time you've got dinner ready. You can even do this in the Instapot
! Maybe you need it really fast? No worries. There is the fast, stove top
version too! What makes this dish shine is the use of J. Olive Co. Pineapple Balsamic
and the Roasted Sesame Oil
. If you do not have the Pineapple Balsamic, I think the Apricot
or the Peach
Balsamic would be great substitutes! We've also included recipes for Pineapple Salsa
and Pineapple-Cilantro Rice
to make this a full meal!
Slow Cooker/Instapot Pineapple Pork
- 2 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin or pork shoulder
- 2 minced garlic cloves or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 onion, diced (you can use 1 cup frozen chopped)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced (*you could also use the frozen pepper and onion seasonal blend for both the peppers and onions—maybe about 2 cups)
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped— use half in the crock pot with pork, save the other half to make salsa.
- Boston or romaine lettuce leaves to make lettuce wraps
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1/3 cup pineapple vinegar (or sub 1 tbs apple cider vinegar and 1/3 cup of pineapple juice)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Place the pork tenderloin, garlic, onion, peppers, red pepper flakes, pineapple balsamic, and soy sauce in a slow cooker or pressure cooker.
Slow cooker: Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
Instapot: Set to manual, 40 minutes.
- Once pork is finished cooking, I like to remove the whole pieces of meat first and then shred and then drizzle leftover cooking juice over the meat as I shred and mix. I use about 3 ladle full scoops of juice. You can save the extra juice for later if you need to re-moisten the meat.
- Spoon the leftover pineapple and veggies in with the pulled pork as well.
Don’t have time for the slow cooker? Try the stove top version.
- In a large saute pan, cook 2 pounds ground meat (turkey, chicken or pork) with veggies and pineapple. Drain any leftover juice.
- Combine in a mixing bowl 1/4 cup pineapple balsamic, 1/4 cup soy sauce, red pepper flakes, 2 tsp arrowroot flour or cornstarch.
- Return pan to high heat. Then add your liquid mix and allow to thicken. If you feel like you need more “sauce” just mix up and little extra and add to the pan. You can never go wrong with more sauce in my opinion!
Chop, mix enjoy!
- 1/2 of your pineapple, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1-2 tbs Pineapple balsamic
This is a twist on my Lime-Cilantro Rice. I replace lime juice for the sweeter Pineapple Balsamic. You could even use a little sesame oil
mixed in as well for a more Asian-stir fry taste. Fresh
- 1/4 cup or less of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Cook rice according to package instructions. I used Delta Blues Jasmine rice. Instead of water as my cooking liquid, I used chicken stock.
- Once rice is finished cooking remove from heat, mix in the rice the salt, pineapple balsamic, green onions and cilantro.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? Try our Crock-Pot Gyro Steak!