Sweet and savory is one of my favorite combinations. What better way to combine the two than with a recipe re-vamp of chicken and waffles! Here I am using the CK Chicken Tender recipe and a new Sweet Potato Waffle recipe. I also whipped up a Peach Glaze to go on top. If you do not want to make the glaze you could do a small drizzle of honey for some sweetness.
- 2 pounds of chicken tenders
- 1-2 eggs for egg wash
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1//4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Olive oil for cooking
- Mix all dry ingredients in shallow bowl for dredging chicken through.
- Whisk eggs in separate bowl.
- Dip tenders in egg wash, then dredge to coat through breading.
- Pre-heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Cook tenders for about 4 minutes on each side. Do not crowd the pan too much.
- Add more oil to the pan and cook tenders in batches.
Sweet Potato Waffles
- 3 cups baked sweet potatoes
- 1 whole egg
- couple of dashes of garlic powder
- couple of dashes of onion powder
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cake Waffle Mix
- pinch of salt
- unsweetened almond milk
- optional add in: dash of red pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp of sesame seed oil
- Bake sweet potatoes, about 3 medium size potatoes. You could possibly use canned pumpkin puree but you may need more Kodiak Cake Mix.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Consistency should look more like mashed potatoes and not a lot of liquid. Use the almond milk as needed if you need more liquid.
- Pre heat waffle maker to medium-high heat. Once ready, spray both sides with cooking spray and add about 1/4 cup-1/2 cup of sweet potato waffles mix.
- Close waffle maker and cook for about 3 minutes or until most of the steam stops coming out.
- 16 oz of frozen peach slices
- 1 tbs ghee
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Apricot or Peach Balsamic
- 1/2 cup water
- Add ghee and frozen peaches to medium sauce pot, over medium to high heat and cook peaches down about 7 minutes.
- Once peaches are cooked and soft enough to smash, add the liquid and allow to simmer.
- Allow the liquid to reduce down about 7 minutes. While simmering, smash some of the peaches to help thicken the glaze. The glaze will thicken more once it cools down a bit.