This turned out so good! I have been wanting to add lentils to my menu for some time, but just never made the effort. Our CK recipes are all about easy, no hassle cooking so I knew crock pot was the way to go for this one. Just plop everything together, set it and forget it.
Crock Pot Lentil Taco Stew
- 2 cups lentils, rinsed - I used red lentils
- 2 chicken breast
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion chopped - I used frozen chopped onion
- 2 - 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
Spice Cabinet ingredients:
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (or regular)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tsp kosher salt (go by taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1-2 tbs ranch seasoning mix - I used flavorgod.com ranch. If you use Hidden Valley mix, be aware there is more salt in the mix.
- 1-2 tbs distilled white vinegar or white wine vinegar -- you could also sub this out for lime juice