By Meredith West
Pumpkin soup is the perfect start to the fall season! Even if down here is south Mississippi we are only wishing fall weather would begin…one can at least dream. Try out our healthy, creamy pumpkin soup that is super simple with a little smokey kick. Sure to please any crowd at your next fall holiday party!
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups frozen seasoning blend
- 1 cup frozen peppers (red, green, yellow)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2-4 oz Greek yogurt cream cheese or fat free cream cheese
- 1.5 quart chicken or beef bone broth (I used 1 qt chicken and 1/2 at beef)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika or smoked chipotle powder (optional)
- two shakes pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- toasted and salted pecans or walnuts and drizzle of Chipotle Oil
- Sautéed with a 1/2 tbsp butter evoo. Sautéed until caramelized.
- Add one can pumpkin purée to pot.
- 1 and 1/2 qt chicken or beef bone broth (I used 1 qt chicken and 1/2 at beef)
- Simmer 20 minutes
- Add 2-4 oz Greek yogurt cream cheese or fat free cream cheese.
- Blend with hand blender right in the pot, or let cool and blend in food processor.
Finish: Top a bowl of pumpkin soup with toasted pecans and drizzle of Chipotle olive oil for some heat! If you do not have chipotle oil, try adding a little smoked paprika to the soup.