This is not super sweet, but I think will satisfy a sweet craving without the lousy, guilty feeling afterwards! Coach Kellar found this recipe online and since then, she has made some amazing creations using this recipe as the foundation. The only change we have made from the original recipe is we substitute out greek yogurt for low fat cottage cheese. I think it adds a “cheesecake” like taste to the bread.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein powder
- 1 1/4 cup of Egg Beaters (used here) or Whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If you have a food processor, just throw everything together and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Or you can….
- Combine dry ingredients and mix to make sure clumps are out.
- Add wet ingredients and blend on high for about 1 minute.
- Pour into a well greased round cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Edges will be golden brown.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Ways to eat your Cake Bread:
The possibilities and combinations are endless! We’ve topped ours with our Protein Fruit dip, peanut butter, or low sugar jams. Get creative! Try mixing in blueberries into the batter, topping with fruit dip! Coach Kellar even made a Chocolate Cake Bread, check out the recipe on Instagram @fitkidkitchen. Check out one of our CK client’s Protein Jalapeno Corn Bread recipe!
Macros per slice:
- Calories: 105 (using low fat cottage cheese)
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Carbs: 9.6 (4.5 Net carbs)
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Sugars: 1.8 g
- Protein: 8.4 g