Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Buffalo Chicken Casserole is a great "anytime meal," meaning it's great for any time of day meal or snack. And offers a plant serving, a little fat and a protein serving! Check out the "Categories" tab to find more "anytime meal" recipe, as well as meals we tag as "post workout." Looking for more recipes similar to this one? Click on "oven bake" or "crock pot chicken" to find more! Buffalo Chicken Casserole Ingredients
- 2-3 Chicken breasts (I use crock pot chicken)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Frank’s original red hot sauce
- 3 eggs
- Reduced Fat Blue Cheese (optional)
- ½-1 packet of Hidden Valley Dry ranch mix (optional)—also now available is Flavorgod Ranch seasoning!!!
- 1 box defrosted frozen chopped spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half (serrated knife makes it easier) and boil for about 10 min or until the flesh can be peirced with a fork. Another method is microwaving the squash for a few minutes and makes it easier to cut, though I have personally never tried this method.
- Cook chicken in oven, poach or grill. Shred cooked chicken. I use our crock pot chicken recipe when I meal prep.
- When squash is cool, scrape out insides. Drain off any excess liquid.
- In a bowl, add squash, shredded chicken, spinach and eggs. Mix to combine. Add in hot sauce and ranch seasoning to your desired heat level and taste.
- Place into a baking pan with cooking spray
- Optionally, top with reduced fat blue cheese. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Not in the mood for buffalo but still want chicken as part of the meal? Try the Nancy