Harissa-Espresso Barbecue Sauce
There are a number of reasons why you should make this sauce.
- It literally took 2 minutes to mix and 5 minutes to simmer. DONE.
- It taste so rich, but does not use ANY added sugar or ANY kind. No honey, no agave, no maple, etc. but you won't miss it. The minimal sugar is does have would come from the little bit found in the sweetened Espresso Vinegar and the tomatoes in the salsa.
- I am pretty sure you do not even have to cook it and it would taste just fine. The heat just helps it thicken.
- You can use it on anything like these drumsticks, burgers, or meatballs.
- 1/3 cup J. Olive Co. Espresso Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp J. Olive Co. Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tsp dijion mustard
Simply combine ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a bubble and lower heat. Let simmer for about 5-6 minutes and the sauce will thicken.