I loved strawberries and cream oatmeal when I was a kid, which is what inspired the next two recipes. This compote turned out so good! Perfect for topping waffles or toast and mixing in the oatmeal!
Servings: makes about 1/2 cup Ingredients
- Heat frozen strawberries in a sauce pan over medium to high heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until you can start smashing the strawberries with a spoon.
- Add lime oil and vinegars, pinch of salt and let simmer another 5 minutes. Smash and stir often.
- Remove from heat and add 3 drops of stevia. This is optional depending on if you want your compote a little sweeter.
“Strawberries and Cream” Oatmeal
Servings: 1 Ingredients
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
- 2 tbs Strawberry Compote
- 1 tbs Quest Vanilla Milkshake protein powder
- Bring almond milk to a boil.
- Add oats, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tbs (or more) of vanilla protein powder
- Top with strawberry compote and stir.