This crock pot gyro steak is another set it and forget it recipe! Oh how we love a crock pot. Even better, it comes with a sauce. If you are not a beef fan, you can sub it out for some chicken breast.
Ingredients for meat:
- 2 pounds thin cut sirloin
- 2 onions
- 3 green bell peppers
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil (walnut or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- beef bullion cube
Ingredients for Cucumber-dill yogurt sauce:
- 1 cup non fat, plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1 tbs dill (dried dill weed)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Blend all ingredients together.
Optional toppings for your steak plate or salad:
- chopped romaine or spinach
- mild pickled banana peppers (so good on this because it adds a vinegar!)
- cucumber slices with a side of humus
Simple. Slice up the meat. Slice up the peppers and onions. Throw them in a crock pot. Mix oil, lemon juice, and seasonings together, then pour over meat and veggies. Don’t forget the bullion cube! Cover and set heat on low for about 5 hours. Stir occasionally, but not necessary.
There will be a lot of liquid. Scoop out majority of juice and toss it. Leave a little juice to keep meat from drying out. When the meat is done, it’s not the prettiest looking stuff, but man it is tasty!!!!!! So decorate it with some yummy toppings. Do not skip out on the banana peppers or the sauce, its awesome!
For more fantastic crock pot recipes, click here!