A good sauce is everything to me…really. This combo created a sauce that is so versatile! The J. Olive Co. Cranberry Pear Balsamic and Persian Lime Olive Oil is one combo you will get so much use out of. I made a sweet and sticky hot sauce, a divine Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette with a chicken salad, a sweet potato mash, even a Strawberry Compote with oatmeal! I went all over the place with different ideas. Let’s dig in!
Cranberry Pear Dijon Vinaigrette
This chicken salad is so light, but filling. It hits all the sweet and salty spots too! Make an extra serving of the Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette to serve with it. Delicious!
Cranberry-Pear Chicken Salad
- 1 pound shredded chicken (about 2 chicken breast – crock pot chicken seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder and kosher salt)
- 1 diced pear or apple
- 1 diced nectarine or peach
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- Cook, shred your chicken breast. I used Crock Pot chicken: 2 chicken breast, seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt, cook on high for 2 hours or until juices run clear.
- Mix together Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette sauce. Set aside.
- Chop all fruit, nuts, onion and mix with chicken in large mixing bowl.
- Toss in feta and vinaigrette. DONE.
- Mix another serving of the Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette to use to dress a salad with the chicken salad on top!
Moving on, using the Dijon Balsamic combo, but this time adding some hot sauce! This chicken…so delicious, so fast and so so easy. THE SAUCE!!! Make this!!! You could also change up the protein in this dish. It works great on fish or shrimp!
Cook time: under 10 minutes
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Season chicken with:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Pear Balsamic
- 2 tbs course grain dijon mustard
- 1 tbs hot sauce
- 1 tbs Lime Olive Oil
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat in pan.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Add to hot pan. Cook for 3 minutes each side.
- Mix together sauce and set aside.
- Once chicken is golden, add sauce to pan. Toss chicken until well coated. Let sauce simmer and reduce down, couple of minutes.
- Removed chicken from pan and reserve the left over sauce to baste on chicken tenders.
This next one can really work multiple ways. I drizzled the Cranberry Pear + Lime over baked sweet potatoes and roasted sweet potato slices. The combination of flavors just works! Trust me!
Cranberry Pear + Lime Sweet Potato Mash
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke knife holes in tops of sweet potatoes.
- Roast whole sweet potatoes for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until soft.
- Simply mix all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
I love anything pickled. I think pickled veggies can brighten up any salad and these pickled onions would be perfect anywhere you want to add a little bright-sweetness to.
- 1 medium-large red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Pear (OR 1/4 cup Cranberry Pear and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Pint Mason jar
- Soak onion slices in warm water for about 30 minutes – 1 hour. I have soaked mine even longer before.
- Combine 1 cup warm water, vinegar, and salt. Whisk together until salt is dissolved.
- Place sliced onion in jar and pour vinegar mixture over the onions.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 day in sealed mason jar. The longer it sits the better it gets.
I loved strawberries and cream oatmeal when I was a kid, which is what inspired the next two recipes. This compote turned out so good! Perfect for topping waffles or toast and mixing in the oatmeal!
Servings: makes about 1/2 cup
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 tbs J. Olive Co. Lime Oil
- 1 tbs J. Olive Co. Strawberry Balsamic
- 2 tbs J. Olive Co. Cranberry Pear Balsamic
- pinch of salt
- 3 drops of liquid stevia
- Heat frozen strawberries in a sauce pan over medium to high heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until you can start smashing the strawberries with a spoon.
- Add lime oil and vinegars, pinch of salt and let simmer another 5 minutes. Smash and stir often.
- Remove from heat and add 3 drops of stevia. This is optional depending on if you want your compote a little sweeter.
“Strawberries and Cream” Oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
- 2 tbs Strawberry Compote
- 1 tbs Quest Vanilla Milkshake protein powder
- Bring almond milk to a boil.
- Add oats, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tbs (or more) of vanilla protein powder
- Top with strawberry compote and stir.