Chicken salad is a CK staple recipe. We have quite a few! Chicken salad is the perfect, fast meal prep and easy to take on the go meal that fills all the CK meal habits. Needless to say, we are big fans of chicken salad!
Blueberry Balsamic + Rosemary Olive Oil from J. Olive Co. gives chicken salad a new twist and we think it is absolutely delicious!
But this chicken salad was what I call a “happy accident.” My happy accidents usually happen when I completely bomb an original idea for a recipe, but then out of the ashes I become inspired to salvage it.
Originally I planned to do a marinated, bone-in spilt chicken breast with blueberry balsamic, rosemary oil, salt, garlic cloves, and fresh rosemary. I thought it would turn out fantastic, but it ended up being under seasoned. So instead of wasting the chicken, I thought it would be good to add more seasoning and “things” for a chicken salad. And wholah! Blueberry chicken salad was born!
And I think you are going to love it. I know I do!
- 1.5 pounds roasted chicken, shredded and chopped (see below how I roasted mine)
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary or 1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp + kosher salt (taste as you go)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- dashes of black pepper
- 1/2 Tbs J. Olive Co. Rosemary Olive Oil
- J. Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic for drizzle on salad
Shred chicken, chop veggies, and mix everything in a bowl!
Build your salad:
- Grape tomatoes
- fat free feta cheese
- big scoop of chicken salad
- Drizzle on top with a mix of the blueberry balsamic and rosemary olive oil!
My Roasted Chicken
This is the exact recipe I used for my so-so-seasoned chicken. I think if I had marinated it overnight, the flavor would have been stronger. I also would have seasoned it with more salt after placing in the baking dish. But it was perfect as is for the chicken salad.
*You could, of course, use regular crock-pot chicken or rotisserie chicken.
Mix marinade together:
- 1/8 cup J. Olive Co. Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
Combine in a ziplock bag to marinate overnight (or at least 3 hours):
- 2-3 bone-in split chicken breast, I trim the skin off.
- 8 fresh, whole garlic cloves
After chicken has marinated, pour all contents into a baking dish, add about 1/4 cup of chicken stock or water to the pan, bake in oven at 375 degrees for about an hour.
Like what you see? We have tons more! Check more Clean Kitchen recipes here!