This is a quick jam with no added sugars! With a few ingredients you can whip up any kind of fruit jam you would like. Here we have used the J. Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic in our jam. You could interchange the sweet fruit based balsamic to any other flavor like Strawberries, Fig, or Pomegranate!
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup blueberry balsamic
- pinch of salt
- drops of stevia to taste (I did about 4-5 drops of liquid stevia)
- Combine in a sauce pan over medium to high heat, 2 tbs chia seeds,
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, 1/4 cup blueberry balsamic, and pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil and allow the blueberries and balsamic to reduce down. Occasionally stirring and smashing blueberries as they cook down. After about 5 minutes of simmering it will start to thicken.
- Remove from heat once it resembles a thick syrup consistency.
- The chia seeds will begin to expand and create a gelatin to thicken the jam more. Once removed from heat add your stevia to the jam. I would gradually add drops and then taste test. Liquid stevia is very potent!
- Here I have topped roasted sweet potato “toast” with part-skim ricotta cheese and Blueberry Chia Seed Jam. For my sweet potato slices I seasoned with salt and cooking spray, roasted in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Perfect sweet bite snack or party food!