Something quick and fast is usually what needs to happen on really busy nights and you have run out of prepped food. This Philly steak salad recipe is super simple with not a lot of ingredients, really fast and most importantly, tasty!
This recipe is also a part of my blog post Same ingredients, 2 recipes. Check out the post on a different cooking methods but get the same flavors in a crock pot!
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Single tbs oil for cooking (walnut, extra virgin olive oil, etc.)
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions sliced (the more the better!)
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup beef stock/beef bullion cube dissolved in water
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste (beef stock is salty though!)
- lots of black pepper (but again to taste preference)
- optional topping – Pickled banana peppers (very much recommended!!)
- optional topping – low fat mozzarella cheese
Start onions and pepper in one pan, with oil, and saute until soft.
Brown meat in separate pan.
Pour in about 1/4-1/2 cup of hot beef broth (heated in microwave or stove). And season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Once liquid is mostly absorbed, add parm cheese to mix.
You can stop here! Top some fresh spinach, add some banana peppers to this salad and it’s insanely good.
If you just need some melty goodness in your life, sprinkle very lightly with some mozzarella cheese, pop it in the broiler on high for a few minutes.
BOOM! This is great for leftovers!