Mom's Enchilada Casserole + Kid's Enchiladas
Most of my recipes or hacks are created out of necessity. My main limiting factor would be that my son thinks "everything" I cook is "healthy." To him, it doesn't matter if I slather it with a pound of cheese. If I
cook it, then it is healthy
and he automatically doesn't like it. So I do a lot of meals I can put a kid-twist on without having to cook an entirely different meal. And even though he turned his nose up at this at first, he still ate it. And my husband loved it too! For mom's casserole, I put the enchilada mix in a casserole dish. I also think this would be tasty with some spaghetti squash in the mix to make it more like a casserole rather than a meat casserole. None the less, it was still tasty! I paired it with a side salad. Mom, build yours into an enchilada salad bowl with some spinach, chopped black olives, greek yogurt, maybe even some more beans if you have them! Fresh
- 2.5 pounds of shredded Crock Pot Chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt cream cheese or fat free at room temperature
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- cheddar cheese
- 3 tbs CK Taco seasoning (or other taco seasoning)
- 15 oz canned black beans—drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned corn—drained
- 15 oz can red enchilada sauce
- tortillas of kid's choice :)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine together room temp cream cheese, greek yogurt and salsa. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together shredded chicken, taco seasoning, 1/4 cup green onions, back beans and corn. Mix well.
- Add cream cheese-salsa mixture to chicken and mix well.
- Assemble the enchiladas. Roll chicken mixture inside tortillas. Place each enchilada in a cooking spray, prepared baking dish.
- The remaining meat mixture is momma's casserole! For mom's dish I used an 8x8 baking dish.
- Top both baking dishes with red enchilada sauce and cheddar cheese. I was liberal with the cheese on the enchiladas. I used about 1/3 cup on momma's dish.
- Topped Mom's Casserole with the leftover green onions.
- Bake together for 25 minutes.
- Mom, build yours into an enchilada salad with some spinach, chopped black olives, greek yogurt, maybe even some more beans if you have them!