servings: 4 patties
- 1.25 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup minced onion (or half and small onion)
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour or cornstarch (optional)
- 1 tbs dry ranch mix
- 1 tbs hot sauce, plus more for basting
- salt to taste
- Preheat pan on stove top, with 1 tbs of oil, on medium-high heat. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for patties together.
- Divide into 4 burger patties.
- Optional Step: I patted a little arrowroot flour on the outside of the patties before adding them to the pan. This helped create a little crust on the outside, but this is optional and definitely not a deal breaker.
- Add patties to pan and brown each side, couple of minutes.
- Then place them on a baking sheet and baste the top of burgers with about 1 tps hot sauce.
- Finish in oven about 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Main thing here is the hot sauce will set on the burger.
Build your Buffalo Chicken Burger Salad(inspired by the Keg & Barrel Buffalo Chicken Salad in Hattiesburg!)
- Buffalo Chicken Burger patty
- red onion slices
- spinach or romaine
- Blue Cheese Dressing
Mince onion in a mini food processor. Throw in about 2 small garlic cloves if you have them!
Mix all ingredients together.
Optional step: Pat the raw burgers with arrowroot flour, then sear in pan for a thin crispy layer.
Baste with about 1 tsp of hot sauce. Then add to the oven.
Top the burger with the Blue Cheese Dressing!