- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 large yellow onion cut in half and sliced in half moons
- 1 large baking potato
- 3-4 medium size zucchini
- 4-5 medium summer squash
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Butter or regular olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Thyme plus extra sprigs
- 1 ounce grated parmesan or asiago
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil and cook onion over median heat for 10-12 minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Slice potatoes, zucchini, squash, tomatoes on a mandolin or very thin with a knife. Layer them sitting in their side fitting them in tightly in the pan, making one layer.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme leaves, and thyme springs. Mist or lightly drizzle a with olive oil.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes covered.
- Uncover dish, remove time sprigs, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered another 45 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
*This dish was revamped from The Barefoot Contessa’s Vegetable Tian.