My family and I are starting a new tradition, Christmas Eve Brunch, and I think it is a fantastic idea! And though we will have some not-so-CK-food items, there is still a way to sneak some CK Recipes in there that are just as tasty! So if you are trying to lessen the damage done by the holidays without sacrificing taste, here are some ideas you can use for your Christmas morning breakfast — or brunch! Find more brunch ideas in Clean Kitchen: The Cookbook!
Servings: about 36 mini muffins
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt cream cheese (or sub for extra 1/4 cup of cottage cheese)
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or strawberries (1/2 cup reserved for in batter mix, other 1/2 cup to top mini muffins)
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix or Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Gluten Free Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill, Organic Gluten Free Coconut Flour
- 1 scoop Quest Nutrition Protein Powder, Vanilla Milkshake
- 2 tbs Cascadian Wild Raspberry Balsamic
- 1 tbs J. Olive Co. Blood Orange Olive Oil
- juice and zest of 1 mandarin orange
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Add all ingredients to food processor, but reserve 1/2 cup raspberries to top mini muffins with. Mix well.
- Pour batter in mini muffin pan.
- Top muffins with remaining raspberries, one per muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Drizzle with a little honey to serve.