Smoothies are a little sneaky. There are all kinds of fancy recipes out there calling for lots of different add-ins that usually result in a pretty high sugar shake. But here at Clean Kitchen we teach our clients how to make perfectly portioned smoothies so things do not get out of hand. Check out 3 dairy-free smoothies, that are not only simple, but tasty as well!
This is the perfect quick breakfast or snack (or even dessert!). You can premix the smoothie contents and keep in the fridge up to 3-4 days! So you may want to make triple. If you can find lemon infused olive oil go with that! It really makes the mix smooth and glossy. For extra “tropical” flavor, add in the coconut balsamic, but I have also made this without!
Combine in a food processor:
- Big handful fresh or 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup low fat or fat free cottage cheese
- 1/2 +/- cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Quest Vanilla Milkshake)
- 4 frozen peach slices
- 1 tsp J. Olive Co. lemon olive oil or lemon extract
- 1/2 tbs J. Olive Co. coconut balsamic (optional)
- 1/2 small sliced banana
- 1 kiwi sliced
- 1 tbs unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbs hemp seeds (You can find these at most grocery stores, even Walmart. Usually by the nuts and coconut flakes!)