By Meredith West
Great for a large party side! But if you are just making it for your family, just half the recipe to make a smaller batch.
Tip: If you are preparing this for a meal prep or planning on keeping in the fridge a few days, wait to add the romaine. All other ingredients will hold up and soak up the yummy juices, but the romaine will get soggy!
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup J. Olive Co. Blenheim Apricot White Balsamic
- 2 tsp J. Olive Co. Toasted Sesame Oil or 1/4 c olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
*If making a half batch use 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1/4+ Apricot Balsamic, 1 tsp sesame seed oil, 2 tbs soy sauce. If you want more liquid, just eyeball it! Nothing wrong with a little more dressing 😉
Crunchy topping: Mix together and add to a pan.
- 1/2 c raw, pre-rinsed quinoa (you can find pre-rinsed or rinse yourself)
- 1/4 c sliced almonds
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts
Spray pan with cooking spray, over low-medium heat. Add nut mixture, drizzle with butter olive oil, pinch of salt. Watch closely and stir until nuts begin to brown lightly, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- 1 head Chopped romaine
- 1/2 bag coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 crowns of broccoli chopped
- Toss with crunchy topping, dressing, and serve immediately.
- Optional topping: Tablespoon of chow mein noodles