You never have to buy jarred or packets again! Many jarred sauces and mixes have added sugar. The only sugar found in this is from the tomatoes. Just a few spices and tomato sauce and you’ve got a flavorful sauce to use in any meal, like our Sweet Potato Lasagna!
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion – cook onions with meat or sub out for onion powder
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or more if needed)
- 1 pound turkey meat — optional
- 1/2 tbs+ dried basil
- 1/2 tbs+ dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp+ kosher salt — I go by taste, you can always add more at the end.
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour or cornstarch
Cook onions and meat in 1 tbs of olive oil, over medium-high heat. Drain juices, then add the rest of ingredients. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes, add more stock if needed. Arrowroot flour will thicken up the sauce.