I am a HUGE fan of Everything Bagels and cream cheese, it is just not a food inline with my goals. So, of course, I had to come up with a more nutritious alternative—Everything Quinoa Biscuit. No bagel is complete without cream cheese, Cucumber-Dill Cheese cheese to go with our plate. So while dreaming up this re-vamp I immediately thought of Lox and Bagels. Typically lox is smoked-cured salmon, but I didn’t have any. Instead I did a “Lox” Baked Salmon, seasoned it to mimic some “lox” flavor combinations, and DANG this was so yummy. To make this even more lox-a-licious, I threw in some quick sides with Quick Pickled Red Onion slices and Warm Spinach with Capers.
Below are the recipes that make up this entire plate. Make all or just a few, but I guarantee you will keep these in heavy rotation. In true CK fashion, these are simple and fast!
Everything Quinoa Biscuit
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp CK Everything Seasoning (CKE) to mix in quinoa
- 1 tbs CK Everything Seasoning (CKE) to top quinoa baking dish
- 1/2 tbs ghee or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 1/2 tbs of ghee or olive oil in sauce pan.
- Add quinoa to toast for a few minutes. (Make sure you have rinsed your quinoa or bought pre-rinsed).
- Add 2 cups of chicken stock (or any stock) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover for about 15 minutes, or until liquid has absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 tsp of CKE Seasoning and mix.
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 1/2 cup of egg whites and mix. Immediately pour in an even layer into the baking dish.
- Top the quinoa with about 1 tbs of CKE Seasoning.
- Bake in oven about 15 minutes or until egg whites have set.
“Lox” Baked Salmon
Cook time: 8 minutes
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Season salmon filets with couple of pinches of salt (CKE has salt in it as well), sprinkle of CKE, and sprinkle of dried dill.
- Spray top of fish with cooking spray.
- Cook under broiler for about 8 minutes, or until desired doneness.
Cucumber-Dill Cream Cheese
- 8 oz brick of Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 1 tbs white vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber (or more if you love cucumbers!)
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor to desired consistency.
Quick Pickled onions
Sliced red onions, lightly salted and drizzled with rice vinegar (or any white vinegar). Throw this together and let sit while you cook the rest or the meal.
Warm Spinach with Capers
Over medium heat, lightly oil a cooking pan, throw a large handful of spinach in it. Toss until spinach is warmed through and begins to wilt, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat before completely wilted and toss with a tablespoon of capers.