Get all the creamy, salty goodness of a cheesy sauce, with a burst of flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes! This creamy sun dried tomato sauce recipe is delicious!
We have made the sauce on its own or used the same pan we cooked the chicken in, as pictured below. Either way, the flavors are all there!
- 3-4 chicken breast, split
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or other cream substitute)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional if you want some heat)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- one quarter tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3-4 tsp of arrowroot flour (powder) or corn starch
- 1 tbs of walnut oil or ghee
- salt and pepper to taste
If just making the sauce, go ahead and mix liquids and arrowroot flour (or cornstarch) before adding to hot pan. Heat oil in pan, add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant. Then combine all ingredients in hot sauce pan. Simmer until thickened.
If making chicken, preheat oven to 375 degrees, start with mixing liquids and arrowroot flour (or cornstarch) and set to the side. Start with sauteing chicken until golden brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side, you will finish cooking later in the oven. Set aside.
Using same pan, add more oil if needed and garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant.
Then add liquid and arrowroot mixture, along with remaining ingredients (spices, cheese, SDT). Simmer until slightly thickened.
Then add chicken, turn and coat. Ready to add to the oven.
Sauce will thicken a little more in oven. Use leftover sauce to drizzle over chicken! Try with spaghetti squash noodles!
Want to learn how to fit these recipes in your weekly meals? We can teach you super easy daily habits and planning strategies! Check out our 12 week online coaching program!