This is a perfect side to any meal, especially when you are grilling outside! This potato salad is dairy/mayo free! Instead we use the awesome flavor combination of J. Olive Co.’s Pomegranate-Quince Balsamic and Lemon Olive Oil to dress this simple salad.
Garlic & Apricot Balsamic Shrimp are easy, simple, and best of all delicious! Nothing makes cooking quick tastier than the balsamic vinegars and oils from J. Olive Co, like this pairing of Apricot balsamic and Blood Orange olive oil. Throw it together with a quick coleslaw using the same pairing!
Chicken salad is a CK staple recipe. We have quite a few! Chicken salad is the perfect, fast meal prep and easy to take on the go meal that fills all the CK meal habits. Needless to say, we are big fans of chicken salad!
Blueberry Balsamic + Rosemary Olive Oil from J. Olive Co. gives chicken salad a new twist and we think it is absolutely delicious!
But this chicken salad was what I call a “happy accident.” My happy accidents usually happen when I completely bomb an original idea for a recipe, but then out of the ashes I become inspired to salvage it.
Originally I planned to do a marinated, bone-in spilt chicken breast with blueberry balsamic, rosemary oil, salt, garlic cloves, and fresh rosemary. I thought it would turn out fantastic, but it ended up being under seasoned. So instead of wasting the chicken, I thought it would be good to add more seasoning and “things” for a chicken salad. And wholah! Blueberry chicken salad was born!
And I think you are going to love it. I know I do!
- 1/3 cup J. Olive Co. Pomegranate Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbs cup olive oil, J. Olive Blood orange or garlic oil
- Combine ingredients in a small sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 5-8 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Set aside to cool. Once the dressing cools it will thicken even more.
Build your salad
- arugula or spring mix greens
- spiced pumpkin seeds and walnuts — I roast in the oven with, cooking spray, salt and paprika, 250 degrees, for about 10 minutes.
- pomegranate seeds
- acorn or butternut squash, baked— I use chopped butternut, roasted in the oven, 375 degrees, with salt, paprika and drizzle of J. Olive Blood orange oil and pomegranate balsamic.
- fat free feta cheese
Drinking vinegar mixed in water has long been used to help aid in digestion. For me personally, I know if I eat a big meal that doesn’t agree with me I can drink a little vinegar tonic and it helps my system.
I started thinking about this idea because I like to drink an Apple Cider Vinegar Tea occasionally. ACV is known for it’s health benefits, but did you know that other fruit based vinegars are just as beneficial? Mixing J. Olive Co White balsamics and water are very popular with clients, but why not the darks too?!
Let’s holiday this up and get cozy! It taste and smells like Apple Cider! You could even substitute the maple out for other J. Olive Co. Balsamics!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tbs maple balsamic
- 1 tbs unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 /2 tbs honey
- dash of cinnamon
Pineapple Pork Lettuce Wraps are a quick, healthy, and easy, “set and forget it” type of meal for busy nights! Set the meat up in the slow cooker in the morning and by dinner time you’ve got dinner ready. You can even do this in the Instapot!
Maybe you need it really fast? No worries. There is the fast, stove top version too!
What makes this dish shine is the use of J. Olive Co. Pineapple Balsamic and the Roasted Sesame Oil. If you do not have the Pineapple Balsamic, I think the Apricot or the Peach Balsamic would be great substitutes! We’ve also included recipes for Pineapple Salsa and Pineapple-Cilantro Rice to make this a full meal!
This combination is so refreshing! Here we have changed up a traditional basil pesto to use the J. Olive Co. Lemon Olive Oil and a hint of sweetness with the J. Olive Co. Peach Balsamic to replace lemon juice. Check out our Basil Pesto Chicken recipe using this delish pesto.
Combine in a food processor until smooth:
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Small handful basil leaves (about 6 leaves)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tbs J. Olive Co. Peach balsamic
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Lemon olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Lemon-Basil Pesto
- grape tomatoes, sliced
- chicken breast
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Depending on the thickness of your chicken breast, you can choose to split the chicken breast in halves like shown here. Also allows for quicker cooking time.
- Season raw chicken with a little salt and pepper.
- Smear 1 tbsp of pesto on top of chicken, grape tomatoes and a small sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes. Possibly longer if you have thicker chicken breast.
- If needed, broil on high for a few minutes to crispy up cheese.
For a while now I have had to use plant-based protein powders instead of whey. And honestly, I do not love the taste of a lot of them. But one I have grown to like is the Evolve brand of powders and shakes. I made a delicious bowl of protein oatmeal using the vanilla powder and the CK Blueberry Chia Seed Jam.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond or cashew milk—possibly more depending on how much protein powder you use
- 1-1.5 scoops vanilla protein powder—adjust as needed
- CK Blueberry Chia Seed Jam
Add almond milk, oats, and chia seeds to a small pot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Then remove from heat and cover. Let sit for about 5 minutes until oats and chia seeds have soaked up milk. Then add your protein powder and more milk if needed. Top with CK Blueberry Chia Seed Jam or Strawberry Compote.
This is a two part recipe using our Blueberry Lemon Sauce to top our sweet potato stuffed with the Balsamic Kale and Mushrooms—which are delicious on their own! I’ve used so many of the J. Olive Co. Balsamic vinegars in my sautéed kale. You really can not pick a bad one! For this kale stuffing I used the Blueberry Balsamic to go with our Blueberry Lemon Sauce on top.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 baked sweet potato (baked at 425 degrees for 45 minutes)
- Top potato with Balsamic Kale and Mushrooms, fat-free feta cheese and the Blueberry Lemon Sauce! See recipes below!