This combination is so refreshing! Here we have changed up a traditional basil pesto to use the J. Olive Co. Lemon Olive Oil and a hint of sweetness with the J. Olive Co. Peach Balsamic to replace lemon juice. Check out our Basil Pesto Chicken recipe using this delish pesto.
Combine in a food processor until smooth:
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Small handful basil leaves (about 6 leaves)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tbs J. Olive Co. Peach balsamic
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Lemon olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Lemon-Basil Pesto
- grape tomatoes, sliced
- chicken breast
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Depending on the thickness of your chicken breast, you can choose to split the chicken breast in halves like shown here. Also allows for quicker cooking time.
- Season raw chicken with a little salt and pepper.
- Smear 1 tbsp of pesto on top of chicken, grape tomatoes and a small sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes. Possibly longer if you have thicker chicken breast.
- If needed, broil on high for a few minutes to crispy up cheese.
For a while now I have had to use plant-based protein powders instead of whey. And honestly, I do not love the taste of a lot of them. But one I have grown to like is the Evolve brand of powders and shakes. I made a delicious bowl of protein oatmeal using the vanilla powder and the CK Blueberry Chia Seed Jam.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond or cashew milk—possibly more depending on how much protein powder you use
- 1-1.5 scoops vanilla protein powder—adjust as needed
- CK Blueberry Chia Seed Jam
Add almond milk, oats, and chia seeds to a small pot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Then remove from heat and cover. Let sit for about 5 minutes until oats and chia seeds have soaked up milk. Then add your protein powder and more milk if needed. Top with CK Blueberry Chia Seed Jam or Strawberry Compote.
This is a two part recipe using our Blueberry Lemon Sauce to top our sweet potato stuffed with the Balsamic Kale and Mushrooms—which are delicious on their own! I’ve used so many of the J. Olive Co. Balsamic vinegars in my sautéed kale. You really can not pick a bad one! For this kale stuffing I used the Blueberry Balsamic to go with our Blueberry Lemon Sauce on top.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 baked sweet potato (baked at 425 degrees for 45 minutes)
- Top potato with Balsamic Kale and Mushrooms, fat-free feta cheese and the Blueberry Lemon Sauce! See recipes below!
This is a quick jam with no added sugars! With a few ingredients you can whip up any kind of fruit jam you would like. Here we have used the J. Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic in our jam. You could interchange the sweet fruit based balsamic to any other flavor like Strawberries, Fig, or Pomegranate!
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup blueberry balsamic
- pinch of salt
- drops of stevia to taste (I did about 4-5 drops of liquid stevia)
- Combine in a sauce pan over medium to high heat, 2 tbs chia seeds,
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, 1/4 cup blueberry balsamic, and pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil and allow the blueberries and balsamic to reduce down. Occasionally stirring and smashing blueberries as they cook down. After about 5 minutes of simmering it will start to thicken.
- Remove from heat once it resembles a thick syrup consistency.
- The chia seeds will begin to expand and create a gelatin to thicken the jam more. Once removed from heat add your stevia to the jam. I would gradually add drops and then taste test. Liquid stevia is very potent!
- Here I have topped roasted sweet potato “toast” with part-skim ricotta cheese and Blueberry Chia Seed Jam. For my sweet potato slices I seasoned with salt and cooking spray, roasted in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Perfect sweet bite snack or party food!
This chicken…so delicious, so fast and so so easy. THE SAUCE!!! Make this!!! You could also change up the protein in this dish. It works great on fish or shrimp!
Cook time: under 10 minutes
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Season chicken with:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat in pan.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Add to hot pan. Cook for 3 minutes each side.
- Mix together sauce and set aside.
- Once chicken is golden, add sauce to pan. Toss chicken until well coated. Let sauce simmer and reduce down, couple of minutes.
- Removed chicken from pan and reserve the left over sauce to baste on chicken tenders.
Nothing is better than a one-dish meal. Even better is a sheet pan meal and you can use tin foil to minimize clean up! Winning! This meal comes together super fast and easy. Well worth the cooking time wait!
Naturally sweet butternut goes perfectly with sweet caramelized onions. This super simple side dish would pair well with any protein, even for breakfast with a fried egg. We flavored this dish using J. Olive Co. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and J. Olive Co. Gravenstein Apple Balsamic, garlic and feta to give a savory but hint of sweet taste. The onions do take some time to cook but this is well worth the wait!
Tuscan Herb Butternut Noodles
- 1 pack of frozen Green Giant Spiralized butternut squash
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- fat free feta cheese
- fresh basil
As part of our Week of: No Egg Breakfast Meals, the classic avocado toast gets a twist with using J. Olive Co. Gravenstein Apple Balsamic and Tuscan Herb Olive Oil to make a simple, yummy and filling breakfast (or any meal, really) when you need something fast! Mix the avocado and cook shrimp the night before for a fast breakfast!
Savory and rich and great for grilling! For this month’s pairing, Black Mission fig Balsamic and Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive oil, I went with marinades and barbecue sauce! I absolutely love roasted or grilled mushrooms. Marinate veggies in this pairing for an easy side dish to any meal. First up, I did a twist on Mushroom “Steak and Eggs,” and second I made a barbecue sauce for CK Turkey Sausage Meatball Kabobs!
Sweet, smokey and little heat, but not too much! This combo is perfect for different flavor combinations. We give you some Asian, American and Mexican food inspired flavors with one pairing, J. Olive Co. Serrano Honey Balsamic and Chipotle Olive Oil! We begin with an Almost “Tom Yum” Soup, a no-hassle breakfast hash and eggs—Smokey Breakfast Bake, and then top your tacos with the Serrano Honey Taco sauce. Goes great on the Breakfast Bake too! Let’s dig in!