- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) can white beans, with liquids from beans
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilis, with liquids from chilis
- Single teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Single teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (optional)
- Add chicken to a 4-quart, heavy bottomed Dutch oven or stockpot. Add chicken stock and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Shred chicken with two forks and then add back to the liquid.
- Or option Crock Pot Chicken: cook chicken breast in crock pot on high for 2 hours or low for 3+ hours. This is great for cooking protein for more than one recipe. See instructions here.
- Add garlic and onion to stockpot, white beans, green chilis, dried oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and chopped fresh oregano. Stir until well-combined. Taste for flavor and adjust to your preference.
- Simmer over low heat for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.