Sweet, smokey and little heat, but not too much! This combo is perfect for different flavor combinations. We give you some Asian, American and Mexican food inspired flavors with one pairing, J. Olive Co. Serrano Honey Balsamic
and Chipotle Olive Oil
! We begin with an Almost "Tom Yum" Soup
, a no-hassle breakfast hash and eggs—Smokey Breakfast Bake
, and then top your tacos with the Serrano Honey Taco sauce
. Goes great on the Breakfast Bake too! Let's dig in!
One thing Clean Kitchen recipes must have are attainable ingredients. Shopping at specialty stores for one ingredient is kind of a hassle. Traditional Tom Yum Soup calls for lemongrass and Kaffir Lime leaves, which can be hard to locate. In Hattiesburg we do have an Asian Food Grocery store. But for the sake of all those who shop at Walmart, I have made a few ingredient alterations that get this recipe in the same ball park! Here is my take on "almost Tom Yum" Soup with ingredients you can find at any store, most on the Asian food aisle. This still gives that Thai-lemon-curry-soup flavor I love!
"Almost" Tom Yum Soup
- 1 pound of shrimp (you could also sub out for chicken)
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk
- Juice of 2 limes
- zest of 2 limes
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste or grated fresh ginger
- 3.5 oz shiitake or white mushrooms - one small pack, sliced/chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro for garnish
- Heat chipotle oil over medium.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add chili or curry paste, ginger paste, salt, lime zest, serrano honey vinegar.
- Add shrimp to boiling liquid to cook.
- Once shrimp are cooked through, finish soup of with fish sauce, lemon juice, lime juice. Stir in Green onions.
- When ready to serve, top with cilantro and a drizzle of chipotle oil.
Serrano Honey Smokey Breakfast Bake
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Preheat 1 tbs Chipotle Oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Chop sweet potatoes and add to skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add more chipotle oil if needed.
- Chop onion and add to pan with sweet potatoes. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Chop zucchini and garlic, add to pan. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Season veggies with 1/2 tsp smoked paprika and 1 tsp kosher salt.
- Add 2 tbs Serrano Honey Balsamic to the pan of veggies and stir. Allow liquid to evaporate.
- Prepare a baking sheet with tin foil and cooking spray.
- Spread out veggies in one layer on baking sheet.
- Create six holes in the veggie layer for the eggs to sit in.
- Crack 1 egg in each hole. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes (or less).
Serrano Honey Taco Sauce
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper* optional
- 1 tbs chipotle olive oil
- 2 tbs serrano honey vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- water if needed
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan; whisk together until well combined.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Allow taco sauce to cool before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Serrano Honey Taco Meat
- Heat chipotle oil over medium heat.
- Cook 1 pound ground meat or crock pot shredded chicken, as directed on taco seasoning packet.
- Once meat is cooked, hit the hot pan and meat with 2 tbs of Serrano Honey Balsamic and toss.
- Assemble tacos as lettuce wraps, corn tortillas, or make into a salad. Drizzle with taco sauce to finish. Additional toppings below.
- avocado slices
- sliced black olives
- store bought pico de gallo or tomatoes