Protein Jalapeño Cornbread
This is a Recipe Re-Vamp of another recipe revamp! This is a twist on Coach Kellar's original Cake Bread recipe
. One of our Clean Kitchen Clients, Meredith West, came up with this variation. This is a take on a sweet cornbread, using vanilla protein powder to sweeten it. It is phenomenal. It's a perfect dipper for soup or chili. Eat it for breakfast with a medium egg cracked over it, so good! With all the variations created, I think we will start a "Cake Bread" page, ha!
Servings: 8 slices
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup self rising cornmeal (you can also make your own with 1 cup cornmeal, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp kosher salt)
- 1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- few shakes of black pepper
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh or can)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/4 cup liquid egg whites or egg beaters
- 1/4-1/2 cup pickled sliced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno juice
1-2 tsp ghee (I used Tinstar Foods Brown Butter Ghee
) or butter
Macro breakdown per slice:
- Preheat oven to 400
- Heat cast iron skillet with 1-2 tsp butter or ghee in oven. Or you can use any baking dish you have, spray with cooking spray.
- mix dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients mix with mixer for 1 minute
- Swirl butter to coat pan.
- Add mixture to hot pan
- Bake for 35-45 min at 400.
- Calories: 91
- Fat: 3 grams
- Carbs: 8.8 grams (5.4 net carbs)
- Fiber: 3.4
- Sugar: 1.5 grams
- Protein: 6.6 grams