Skip to content
By Meredith West
- 2 cups frozen seasoning blend
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, chopped in large pieces
- 2 packs raw chopped/riced cauliflower
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1 pack turkey sausage, sliced
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked chopped or shredded.
- 1 can Rotel (tomatoes and chilis)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 quart chicken bone broth
Note: this makes at least 10-12 large servings! This should freeze fine and be a perfect emergency freezer meal. If rice gets to thick or sticky add some extra broth or stock to thin it out.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large Dutch oven or other oven safe pot brown sausage and set aside.
- Sauté cauliflower rice in same pot with 1 tbsp garlic or regular olive oil a pinch of salt and some pepper. Pour out and set aside with the sausage.
- Sauté seasoning blend, garlic, tomatoes, celery, and bell pepper. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 min or until very little liquid remains and veggies are soft.
- Add cauliflower, sausage, chicken, 1 1/2 c rice, can of rotel, and quart of chicken bone broth. Bring to a boil. Put lid on Dutch oven and transfer to preheated oven.
- Bake 1 hour or until rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Serve topped with green onion and hot sauce of your choice!