Italian Sausage Meatballs
One of my favorite meals are the meatballs at Branch in Hattiesburg, MS. This recipe was inspired by that meal! But cooked in my Instapot for 15 minutes! The meatballs are also perfect for using two different ways, one for mom and one for the rest of the non-compliant members of the house. For my meal, I paired my meatballs with a simple side salad. For my son and husband, I made meatball subs toasted in the oven with melted mozzarella cheese! It was a hit and will be in heavy rotation in this house.
- 2 pounds ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1/4-1/2 cup minced raw onion - I mince mine in my mini food processor
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp minced garlic (I used dried minced)
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 29 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbs CK Pantry Marinara Blend
or use CK Marinara Blend
1/2 tbsp dried basil
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- Combine all meatball ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Combine and form 1-2 inch size balls.
- Prepare pressure cooker with cooking spray or oil and place meatballs in the pot.
- Mix crushed tomatoes and Marinara Blend together and then pour on top of meatballs in pot.
- Set pressure cooker (I have an Instapot) on “manual” and cook for 15 minutes. For a crockpot, cook on high for about 2 hours.
- Serve with extra marinara sauce from the pot and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. I had mine with a simple side salad. For my son and husband, I made meatball subs using hot dog buns and mozzarella cheese. Broil for a couple of minutes until cheese melts.