By Meredith West
A little fair warning, unlike most of our recipes, this is a multi-step process and a Labor of Love! I recently spent the day with my mom learning how to make her cornbread dressing. It is my favorite thing about Thanksgiving. Luckily my re-vamp was a win in my book!
First start with the CK Cornbread (sans jalapeños) recipe found in Clean Kitchen: The Cookbook.
CK Cornbread Ingredients
CK Cornbread Directions
- 1 1/4 cup Egg Beater Whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup self-rising cornmeal (can also omit coconut flour and use 1/2 c cornmeal)
- 1 tbsp butter
Then start in a stock pot for dressing veggies:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients but butter in the food processor.
- Melt butter in hot oven in the cast iron skillet.
- Pour batterinto hot pan, bake 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- 2 medium onions
- 5 stalks celery
- salt and pepper
- Chop onions and celery in food processor. Put vegetable mixture in a stock pot and cover with a good amount of water. Season water and simmer for an hour. Set aside to cool.
- When cornbread and veggie mixture are both cool, tear and crumble cornbread in a large bowl. Add 5 cups of veggie mixture with liquid to the cornbread. Add 6 eggs. 1/2 cup chopped green onion and 1/4 c fresh chopped parsley. Mix well with hands or with a mixer on low.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 lasagna pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until center is set and edges are browned (could be an hour or more depending on your oven)