Broccoli Salad with Avocado Citrus Dressing
Raw veggies are hard for some people to eat, so why not toss them with a yummy dressing rich in omega 3 fats! Broccoli is a very sturdy veggie, which can hold fresh in the fridge for a few days, even mixed with the dressing. This broccoli salad with avocado citrus dressing recipe is a great prep for fast veggie portions, and can make several days worth of servings in short order!
- Broccoli Florets -- We use the bag of Fresh Green Giant Broccoli Florets
- 2 mandarin oranges (Cuties, Halos, Etc.)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- sliced almonds
- optional: 1 1/2 cups of broccoli slaw (Green Giant)
- 1 medium avocado
- Juice of 2 mandarin oranges
- 2 tbs walnut oil
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- stevia drops to taste (its best to add a little then taste)
In a blender, add all dressing ingredients and blend. Then toss salad ingredients with dressing. With that, it is ready to eat! Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Here we used it as a side to our Baked Drumsticks
! A great goal is to try to fill half you plate full of green veggies.