is a CK staple recipe. We have quite a few! Chicken salad
is the perfect, fast meal prep and easy to take on the go meal that fills all the CK meal habits
. Needless to say, we are big fans of chicken salad!
Blueberry Balsamic + Rosemary Olive Oil from J. Olive Co.
gives chicken salad
a new twist and we think it is absolutely delicious!
But this chicken salad
was what I call a "happy accident." My happy accidents usually happen when I completely bomb an original idea for a recipe, but then out of the ashes I become inspired to salvage it.
Originally I planned to do a marinated, bone-in spilt chicken breast with blueberry balsamic, rosemary oil, salt, garlic cloves, and fresh rosemary. I thought it would turn out fantastic, but it ended up being under seasoned. So instead of wasting the chicken, I thought it would be good to add more seasoning and "things" for a chicken salad
. And wholah! Blueberry chicken salad
And I think you are going to love it. I know I do!
- 1.5 pounds roasted chicken, shredded and chopped (see below how I roasted mine)
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary or 1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp + kosher salt (taste as you go)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- dashes of black pepper
- 1/2 Tbs J. Olive Co. Rosemary Olive Oil
- J. Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic for drizzle on salad
Shred chicken, chop veggies, and mix everything in a bowl!
Build your salad:
- Grape tomatoes
- fat free feta cheese
- big scoop of chicken salad
- Drizzle on top with a mix of the blueberry balsamic and rosemary olive oil!
My Roasted Chicken
This is the exact recipe I used for my so-so-seasoned chicken. I think if I had marinated it overnight, the flavor would have been stronger. I also would have seasoned it with more salt after placing in the baking dish. But it was perfect as is for the chicken salad.
*You could, of course, use regular crock-pot chicken or rotisserie chicken.
Mix marinade together:
Combine in a ziplock bag to marinate overnight (or at least 3 hours):
- 1/8 cup J. Olive Co. Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup J. Olive Co. Blueberry Balsamic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
After chicken has marinated, pour all contents into a baking dish, add about 1/4 cup of chicken stock or water to the pan, bake in oven at 375 degrees for about an hour.
- 2-3 bone-in split chicken breast, I trim the skin off.
- 8 fresh, whole garlic cloves
Like what you see? We have tons more! Check more Clean Kitchen recipes here!