My mother is accredited with this beautiful creation! Its a fruit pizza recipe re-vamp! Having just completed the Clean Kitchen 12 Week Challenge herself, she took on re-vamping a cookie recipe to make a fruit pizza for a holiday party. It was fantastic and beautiful! Even the kids gobbled this one up. We did make some tweaks to her cookie recipe by replacing 1.5 cups of almond flour with oat flour to cut down on some of the fat. If you only have almond flour, then by all means just use that. Let us know how yours turns out!
By Lorraine Siders
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
Icing ingredients – mix together and set aside.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese, softened
- About 1/4 cup of granulated Truvia sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons of lemon or lime juice
- fresh mint to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg until frothy, add coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add baking soda, oat and almond flour and mix until combined.
- Take the dough and flatten it with your hands on the parchment paper lined pizza pan. The dough was a little sticky, just do your best. It is going to be covered with icing and fruit anyway!
- I then used a large round drinking glass to cut out the inner ring. Added the inner ring portion back into the newly shaped “wreath” on all sides.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool completely before adding your cream cheese icing mixture.
- Arrange fruit on top of your cream cheese mixture. We used strawberry, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and kiwi. Add fresh mint to garnish.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon