- 1 bag fresh green beans in bag
- 1 Small Yellow onion thinly sliced in half moons
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen seasoning blend
- 2/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbs Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Better Than Bullion Chicken or Vegetarian Base
- 2 Tbsp Brown rice Bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Steam green beans in bag according to directions. Cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Sautee onions in olive oil until browned. Salt and pepper while cooking.
- Set onions aside.
- Coat onions with 2 tbs parmesan and 2 tbs bread crumbs. Stir to fully coat onions.
- In the same pan add 1 cup frozen seasoning blend, 8 oz mushrooms, sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are tender.
- In food processor blend 1 cup low fat cottage cheese and 1 tsp better than bullion and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Mix green beans, mushroom mixture, and cottage cheese mixture and pour into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Top with onion mixture. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until breadcrumbs are browned and casserole is bubbly.