Butternut Stuffing is a twist on stuffing using cubed butternut instead of bread, and loading it up with some CK Turkey sausage. This is a perfect guilt-free holiday recipe! I highly suggest getting some J. Olive Co. Maple Balsamic vinegar to turn that turkey sausage into “maple” sausage :). I have made this with both regular balsamic and with the Maple balsamic. Both are equally delicious!
Veggie Mix Ingredients
- 4 cups cubed butternut — 1 medium butternut or two 16 oz bags pre-chopped
- 12 oz Frozen Seasoning Blend or one large onion chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms — any kind
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves minced or 1 tsp dried minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- couple of dashes of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme or 1 tbsp fresh
- 1/2 tsp oregano or 1 tbsp fresh
- 1/4 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 cup grated parm cheese
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar or J. Olive Co. Maple Balsamic
- 2 tbs olive oil or J. Olive Co. Butter Olive Oil or Garlic Olive oil
CK Italian sausage mix Ingredients
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp minced garlic (I used dried minced)
- 1 teaspoon minced onions (or omit if using fresh)
- 1/2 tsp fennel
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Veggie pot: Heat 1 tbs of butter olive oil in a large, deep pan or stock pot over medium to high heat. You want something good a wide to start cooking the veggies in.
- Turkey Sausage pan: In a separate pan, heat another tbs of olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Add all chopped veggies, frozen seasoning blend to the veggie pan. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are softened and start forming brown bits around the edges. Do not worry about the butternut being completely soft. It will finish in the oven!
- Add spices to veggie mix.
- Brown turkey meat over medium to high heat. Do not drain juices.
- Add spices to turkey meat.
- Add turkey sausage to veggie pot and mix.
- Then add balsamic to entire mix and stir.
- Transfer entire mix to oven safe, greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.