By Meredith West
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups frozen seasoning blend
- 1 cup frozen peppers (red, green, yellow)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2-4 oz Greek yogurt cream cheese or fat free cream cheese
- 1.5 quart chicken or beef bone broth (I used 1 qt chicken and 1/2 at beef)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika or smoked chipotle powder (optional)
- two shakes pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- toasted and salted pecans or walnuts and drizzle of Chipotle Oil
- Sautéed with a 1/2 tbsp butter evoo. Sautéed until caramelized.
- Add one can pumpkin purée to pot.
- 1 and 1/2 qt chicken or beef bone broth (I used 1 qt chicken and 1/2 at beef)
- Simmer 20 minutes
- Add 2-4 oz Greek yogurt cream cheese or fat free cream cheese.
- Blend with hand blender right in the pot, or let cool and blend in food processor.
Finish: Top with toasted pecans and drizzle of Chipotle olive oil for some heat! If you do not have chipotle oil, try adding a little smoked paprika to the soup.