Raise your hand if you like crispy breakfast sausage? Do you like crispy potato hash?! Are you American? Of course you do!
A frequently asked question by our CK clients is:
“What else can I eat for breakfast besides eggs?”
Even though there is no “rule” saying you can’t eat dinner leftovers for breakfast, some people just want “morning” food. So here you go, the CK Breakfast platter with a ssunnyside up egg and some Balsamic Potato Hash!
Servings: 18-20 patties
- 2.5 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2.5 teaspoons kosher salt (1 tsp per pound)
- 1.5 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (for heat) or paprika (no heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs chopped dried onion
- Mix all spices together before adding to the meat.
- Mix spices in raw meat.
- From this point you can either cook as ground sausage or form into patties, perfect for freezing! Make about 1/4 cup size meat balls, flatten out to patties.
- Heat olive oil (I used J. Olive Co. Butter Olive Oil) over medium-high heat. Add patties to really hot pan. Do not over crowd the pan. The patties need room so it can get crispy!
- Cook on each side a few minutes, until brown crispy edges form.
- A little trick I tried: after flipping to the second side, let it brown a bit, then deglaze the pan with 2-3 tbs of water or chicken stock. Flip the patties around and it creates a yummy “glaze.” I even tried this with balsamic vinegar and it was awesome!!