This is so simple I can’t believe I have never tried other nut butters. Honestly, this could work with many other J. Olive Co. dark balsamics! I used walnuts just because of the healthy Omega-3 essential fats it offers. Check out a quick video on how I made the walnut butter!
Servings: Makes about 1/2 cup of nut butter
- 2 cups of walnuts
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tbs J. Olive Co. Espresso Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 drops stevia
- Roast walnuts in oven at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. You do not have to wait for them to cool before the next step.
- Add walnuts, salt and cinnamon to a food processor and start pulsing into a crumble.
- Add espresso vinegar and stevia while food processor is still going (mixes better).
- You will have to scrape down the walnuts off the sides every so often. Just keep pulsing and scarping until butter is smooth.
Top apple slices with walnut butter and drizzle with more Espresso Balsamic. SO GOOD. The only probably with this will be to stick to about 1-2 tbs walnut butter per serving!