No this does not have pasta in it, BUT if the kiddos wanted it (or even you), just throw in some whole wheat pasta and call it a post workout meal! This has all the flavor of lasagna but is way easier to make. This is basically the Clean Kitchen Spaghetti Sauce recipe with an extra 4 cups of broth added to it and a special cheese mixture to dollop on top.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 pound lean ground turkey meat or ground beef sirloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup measured cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 packet of McCormick’s Thick N Zesty or Clean Kitchen Spaghetti Sauce spices
- 4 cups of beef or chicken stock
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Heat over medium heat, 1 tbs of olive oil into a stock pot.
- Add ground meat and onions to pot. Brown meat and then drain juices.
- Combine all ingredients (except cottage cheese and parm) in pot, with meat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- For the cheese topping, combine cottage cheese and parm cheese in a food processor. Whip until smooth. Top bowl of soup with a dollop of cheese mix when ready to serve.
Using My Fitness Pal for calculations, without cottage cheese mixture, using extra lean ground turkey
- Calories 284
- Fat 8g
- carbs 23.8 (16.8 net)
- fiber 7g
- sugar 12 g
- Protein 26.8 g