This might be the fastest meal ever. And it packs some great vitamins and minerals using chicken bone broth, and boost the protein to 24 grams! Best thing is it’s a one serving meal. In a bind for what to make for dinner or quick lunch? This comes together so fast, with a few ingredients.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5-7 minutes
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/4-1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms (or baby bellas)
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- dash of white pepper
- kosher salt to taste, depending on the saltiness of your broth
Optional: Turn this into a “sweet n spicy” soup! Drizzle a little honey and sriracha hot sauce in the bowl.
- Mix arrowroot flour with 1/2 cup broth and set aside.
- Add 1 cup broth, soy sauce, veggies and seasonings to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Whisk egg in a separate bowl, set aside.
- Once boiling, add in the 1/2 cup broth and arrowroot flour mix to the pot. Stir and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Slowly stir into the simmering broth the whisked egg to create the egg ribbons. Done! This is best eaten immediately after cooking.
So simple and so good for you! This one serving packs a lot of punch!
- Calories 189
- Fat 5.8 g
- Carbs 10.8
- Fiber 1 g
- Sugar 1 g
- Protein 24 g