One of our favorite, super easy meals! White Bean Chicken Chili is also freezer friendly, so make a double batch and freeze half for later when you have no time to cook!
- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) can white beans, with liquids from beans
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilis, with liquids from chilis
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (optional)
- Add chicken to a 4-quart, heavy bottomed Dutch oven or stockpot. Add chicken stock and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Shred chicken with two forks and then add back to the liquid.
- Or option Crock Pot Chicken: cook chicken breast in crock pot on high for 2 hours or low for 3+ hours. This is great for cooking protein for more than one recipe. See instructions here.
- Add garlic and onion to stockpot, white beans, green chilis, dried oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and chopped fresh oregano. Stir until well-combined. Taste for flavor and adjust to your preference.
- Simmer over low heat for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Garlic powder/or fresh garlic
salt and pepper
Shred and mix chicken
add green chilis and white beans (We use northern beans and white kidney beans)
If you used crock pot chicken, you will need to add the stock at this time.
Simmer and enjoy! A scoop of non-fat greek yogurt mixed in your bowl makes this broth creamy!